ANXO Cider, a mid-size and fast growing cider company, seeks to hire a Director of Sales
About ANXO Cider
Amazing apples purchased directly from farmers, fermented dry in Washington, DC with wine and native yeasts, and packaged for the modern world. Never with additives or adjuncts, ANXO Ciders taste like the apples they feature and are naturally #sugarfree #glutenfree #lowcarb.
Beginning cider production in 2017, ANXO started with a single barrel making 1,000 gallons of cider its first year. Currently, ANXO produces 75,000+ gallons of cider, tripling sales in 2019 and doubling off-premise sales in 2020 despite having a very limited sales team. ANXO is sold through distributors in DC, VA, MD, PA, NY, TX, ME, PA, RI, MI, CO, CA, VT, GA, NC, IL, ND and NV, Nova Scotia and the UK, and is working to grow the direct-to-consumer outlet.
ANXO’s Director of Sales will oversee all aspects of sales, from developing a strategic plan to implementing this plan on the ground. Understanding the landscape of alcohol or related beverage sales is a requirement for this position, preferably with proven sales experience helping a similar company grow sales regionally or nationally.
Compensation is a competitive salary for full-time work that is commensurate with experience and includes health benefits. This position is based out of the DMV area; local applicants preferred but not required. Compensation will also include a significant bonus structure based on any and all ANXO cider sales growth, with opportunities for horizontal and vertical growth within the company as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets.
- Primary focus on growing chain sales and wholesale relationships regionally and nationally, as well as maintaining relationships with independent accounts.
- Expand direct-to-consumer sales via website sales, cider clubs, packages, and virtual events.
- Create and communicate sales goals and provide regular reports on progress.
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with chain stores, retailers, wholesalers and customers while partnering with them to better understand their business/product objectives and needs.
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes in order to position ANXO for maximum future success.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of service and products being sold.
- Understanding of how to position products against competitors.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the landscape of alcohol sales, including but not limited to an understanding of the three tier system, decision-making practices of chain accounts, and current trends in alcohol sales.
- Previous alcohol or related beverage sales experience at a Director or Manager level.
Application closes 2/26.
To apply, email Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected].
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions and assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification tot reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities tot perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.